No clutter in 2015: week 29 update |Keeping it Real

Thursday, July 23, 2015

No clutter in 2015: week 29 update



My house is a mess. 

Not what you expected to read in a decluttering post, right? But it's the truth and since I named this blog Keeping it Real, I'm doing exactly that. 



We had friends staying with us last weekend, so we spent most of the time out of the house, showing them around or lounging at the beach. They left Sunday night, I went back to work on Monday morning and the guest room is still turned upside down. Not to mention that the guest room doubles as my craft room, but as they were staying there, I had to hide all my craft supplies, pile of unfinished projects, and even the ironing board, on a closet. No exactly a beautiful sight right now. 

On the other hand, we are going to repaint the living room. This is something that we have been discussing for over a month now, but we've been lazy and have decided that the summer weekends were much more enjoyable spent at the beach than painting walls. But enough is enough and we want to have it finished before we leave on vacation, so we have to start now. Another mess.

I still managed to put away everything the kids brought home from school after the end of the school year, setting aside a few things to discard (such as backpacks and pencil cases that will need to be replaced). I still have their sports gear out and will have to sort through it. 

And I have one more bag of clothes for donation, mostly things that were already selected but that I had forgotten to pack. Hopefully I'll get rid of it on Saturday. 

Sooooo....plans for next weekend: 
  • clean guest room and get it back in shape
  • start painting living room
  • get clothes for donation out of the house
  • finish a few craft projects
Too ambitious? Maybe, but I like to aim high. Let's see what, realistically, I can get done and I'll update next week. 

Enjoy the rest of your week, and good luck if you are decluttering too,




No comments:

Post a Comment